If you have a lot of flyer points but you don’t know how to use them, you have come to the right place. Some of the most seasoned business owners and travelers collect points on their credit card just so they can use it later.
School holidays are generally the hardest time to grab a seat for yourself. However, all you need to do is save the points and do some careful planning, in order to get free seats for your family. This article will talk about using rewards points during school holidays, so let’s have a look at some of the top tips:
Book the Airline Tickets As Soon As Possible
The first thing that you need to do is seat the family down and see their schedule. If the family can commit to being free on some of the dates, your next step should be to plan the itinerary for yourself. It is important you know that most of the airlines open their flights for frequent flyer points a year in advance, so that is a lot of time to prepare.
You Can Use the Points for Part of a Journey
If you are travelling bigger distances, such as USA to Australia, it may be a good idea to pay for a short haul flight to Dubai, and then use the points for that stopover for the rest of the trip. One of the reasons why this is recommended is that the availability of the points’ seats is better this way. A lot of airlines offer stop over deals, which are of good value.
Use the Points for Other Services
Sometimes, it is not easy to find a seat during the peak holiday season. If that is the case with you, you can use your points for car hire as well as hotel room bookings. Another thing that you can do is convert the program points in cash and use that during your holiday.
Tips for Using Frequent Flyer Points
Here are some more tips about frequent flyer points that will help you out:
- Book well in advance to get the most out of your frequent flyer points.
- Sometimes, booking very late can also do the trick.
- Use the points for international points.
- Use the points for free seats and not just upgrades.
- Try to split the itinerary. Each parent can travel with some of the children if there are not enough award seats in the same itinerary.
- Make use of schedule changes to optimize the flights.
- Look at fixed value programs.
- Make sure there are no fuel surcharges on the free seats.
In conclusion, this is how you can use your frequent flyer points during school holidays.