Home improvements are notoriously costly, especially when you don’t know the tips and tricks for saving money. But even if you try to do as many DIY projects as possible, find discounts wherever they are offered, and even get good prices on most of the equipment, materials, and services you need, all these things still come at a cost. The home is one of the biggest assets you own, and for that reason, you have to expect to pay a great deal for its upkeep.
Nevertheless, there’s no question that the costs are hard for the average person to afford, and therefore most people have to seek alternative methods for getting the money they need. Payday advances are one of the most popular options among homeowners for financing home improvements, for three reasons:
- Payday advances are accessible online
- They offer as much as $1500 in hassle-free money
- They’re short-term loans, meaning a short-term commitment with an easy repayment plan
If you’re looking for the best ways to finance home improvements, you can do so through payday advances. There are other loan options out there, but none are as easy to work with and receive as a good payday advance online.
To find these loans, you can simply visit a lender’s website and select one of their options. Payday advances are just one of the many options out there, but they are some of the best. All you have to do is fill out an application and submit it—making sure that the forms are filled out accurately and completely—and then wait for the lender’s response.
You should receive notification of the status of your loan within just a short while of final submission, and if all goes well the money will be sent to your bank account within 24 hours. As long as you met all the requirements to receive the loan, you should have no doubt that you’ll receive approval. An
How do you qualify for a payday advance to finance home improvements?
- Be employed
- Have a paycheck coming in within the next two weeks
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a resident of the country where you are applying for the loan
If all these requirements are met, you can expect the money to be in your account within 24 hours. That’s the guarantee a good payday advance lender will offer you.
FHA 203(K) Loan
The FHA 203(K) loan is a special loan from the Federal Housing Administration. Because it’s a federal loan, you need to put down as little as 3.5% as interest. This is a home renovation loan that homeowners can use to redo the kitchen, add a room to the house, finish a basement or attic, change the flooring, and redo the bathroom and more. Another good thing about this home renovation loan is that you can even use the money to repair damages and rebuild a tear-down, provided the original foundation of the house is still intact. However, homeowners cannot use money from this loan for luxury amenities, such as building a pool or adding a fire pit.
How to qualify for FHA 203(k) loan?
- Homeowners have to provide a bid from an approved contractor.
- All upgrades and finishing that are required must be clearly stated in the bid, along with the loan paperwork.
- An appraiser will then review the home as well as the submitted bid.
- The estimated value of the home post-renovation is appraised, which is then compared with local comps or comparables. If a mismatch is found, the homeowner will have to reduce the bid and scale back the proposed renovations.
After loan approval, the money is then put to use in renovation tasks of the house.
Post-renovation, an inspector will visit the house, usually 6 months after completion. The renovated house is inspected to make sure that all work has been done correctly, after which the money is released to the contractor.
Section 504 Home Repair Program
The Section 504 home repair program is an initiative by the government to help qualified homeowners refurbish their houses, with a difference. Such loans are mostly advanced not to bring about an aesthetic beauty to your home but to make your household safer. You can use this government home renovation loan for:
- Replacing dangerous electrical components in your home
- To make the house more energy-efficient, such as repairing the furnace, air ducts, etc.
- To make the house accessible to the elderly and safer for the disabled, such as adding ramps and bars.
How to qualify for this kind of home renovation loan?
- You must really be in need of credit or be in a situation where you are unable to obtain a loan elsewhere.
- Your household income must be below 50% of the area’s median.
For people over the age of 62 years, homeowners can use this loan to add great accessibility features to make their house safer.
The above are considered some of the best ways to finance home improvements. Getting quick cash to improve the quality and safety of your life in your home isn’t that difficult. You will find lenders who offer great home renovation loans; else you can always opt for government-initiated loans and home improvement programs for some quick cash.